TYNOMI BANKS’ GUIDE TO PRIDE: TOP 5 TORONTO FASHION & BEAUTY MUST-HAVES
“As a drag performer, I’m always on the hunt for the latest looks and trends that can keep up with me on stage. Here are my top picks for this year’s Pride in The 6ix:
- I love a great lipstick just like any girl. I’m currently obsessed with Bite Beauty’s Lip Lab, located on Queen West, where you can create your own personalized lipsticks in any colour and look–creamy, glossy or matte. I love creating shades that will perfectly match my Pride wardrobe and show costumes. It’s also a great match for my next must-have…
- STAY GOLD! I’m loving Carrera y Carrera, a luxury jeweller from Spain with a boutique in Yorkville. Known for their distinctive gold and precious stone designs and worn by celebs like Lady Gaga, Madonna and more, this is the place for something ultra special for this year’s Starry Night gala (where I will be performing!) in support of The 519 Church Street Community Centre. My favourite Carrera y Carrera piece is the bold Nankin ring in 18kt yellow gold, blue topaz with diamonds.
- It can get HOT during Pride so my advice is to HYDRATE inside and out. For my face, I rely on facial sprays like Evian Mineral Water Spray, available at Hudson’s Bay or Sephora. You can tuck it into your purse, or in my case, my suitcase, as I travel to and from shows!
- You can never go wrong with a kimono. I recently found a silky, short and affordable kimono at H&M that is glamorous and shows off my booty. When I wear it, I feel like I could be swept away to Pride paradise.
- This list would not be complete without my top pick for wigs. I have a Whitney Houston-like wig that truly makes me feel like the Queen of the Night (her voice was a powerful force–I adore her). Chicago’s Heads & Threads Boutique is top notch, but for a place closer to home, check out Clore Beauty Supply (Dufferin & Bloor) and Crowned (Queen & Spadina). The selection is unbelievable!”