Last Updated: July 2016
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Carrera y Carrera Canada collects, uses and discloses Personal Information to provide its clients with the product or service they have requested and to offer them additional products and services it believes the clients might be interested in. To access certain areas of the Website, user profile registration is required. During the registration process Personal Information is required to be provided (including name and address, e-mail address and telephone number, and, if a purchase is made, payment details). In certain circumstances, the purposes for which information is collected may be clear, and consent may be implied, such as where client’s name, address and payment information are provided as part of the order process. In addition, Personal Information may be required for queries about one of Carrera y Carrera Canada’s products or services, when clients provide their details when visiting the Toronto boutique or when contacting the Carrera y Carrera Canada sales associate by telephone. Please note that calls to Carrera y Carrera Canada may be recorded for security and training purposes. If a social media platform or other third party service is used to interact with Carrera y Carrera Canada, information provided by the client is collected as well. Personal Information is maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is intended to be used. Personal Information is protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. Carrera y Carrera Canada takes all reasonable precautions to protect its clients’ Personal Information from any loss or unauthorized use, access or disclosure.
Client’s Personal Information is used to:
1) Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders and to provide after service care.
2) Deal with enquiries and requests;
3) Send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
4) Send marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to Carrera y Carrera Canada and other third party partners in accordance with a client’s communications preferences
5) Conduct market research so that Carrera y Carrera Canada can continuously improve services provided to its clients;
6) Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of Carrera y Carrera Canada efforts to keep the Website secure;
7) Understand how the Website is used so that the Website and Carrera y Carrera Canada offerings could be continuously improved.
Personal Information is only retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which Carrera y Carrera Canada collected it or as may be required by law. Information about the existence, use and disclosure of a client’s Personal Information and the access to such information can be provided to the client upon request. Clients may verify the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, Carrera y Carrera Canada will not disclose certain information to the client (i.e. information relating to the client where other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions).
A client’s consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information except where required or permitted by law. Providing Personal Information to Carrera y Carrera Canada is always a client’s choice. However, a client’s decision not to provide certain information may limit Carrera y Carrera Canada’s ability to provide its products or services to the client. Carrera y Carrera Canada will never require the client to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information as a condition to the supply of a product or service, except as required to be able to supply the product or service.
Cookies and Other Information Automatically Collected
Carrera y Carrera Canada may collect information about the client’s computer or mobile device, including the IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. This information is used to better understand how the Website is used and for internal reporting purposes.
Sharing Client’s Personal Information
Carrera y Carrera Canada does not rent, sell or share its clients’ Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
1) Carrera y Carrera Canada may disclose clients’ Personal Information to third party providers who provide services on Carrera y Carrera Canada’s behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
2) Carrera y Carrera Canada may disclose clients’ Personal Information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where it believes this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect its rights or the rights of any third party; and
Protecting Client’s Personal Information
Carrera y Carrera Canada is committed to protecting the Personal Information it collects. Access to Personal Information about the clients is limited to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to clients or in order to do their jobs. Carrera y Carrera Canada has appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that clients provide against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Editing, Deleting or Accessing Client’s Personal Information
Clients have the right to ask for access to any Personal Information that Carrera y Carrera Canada holds about them in its records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. Clients may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing Carrera y Carrera Canada at the address in the section titled “Contact Us”.
The Website is not directed at anyone who Carrera y Carrera Canada believes to be under the age of 13, nor does Carrera y Carrera Canada collect any Personal Information from anyone who it believes to be under the age of 13. If a client is under the age of 13, they should not use the Website and should not submit any of their Personal Information to Carrera y Carrera Canada.
Carrera y Carrera Canada e-Commerce Website
138 Cumberland Street, Unit 6, (Old York Lane)
Toronto, ON M5R 1A6
Toll-Free Phone Number: +1 (844) 994-8181
Boutique Phone Number: +1 (416) 927-8181